HOW TO WRITE A REACTION PAPER?
If you are in college there is a big chance of your English or other professors will eventually assign a reaction paper. Some call it a response paper and that is acceptable too. These types of writing assignments are exactly what they sound like. You read a book or an assigned text, watch a film or a podcast, and give your response or reaction to that text. Sometimes thorough research is needed and for that, you should turn to the best research paper writing service there is.
Like other tasks that you will often be assigned in college, it’s not so much as why you have been assigned them as it is to how to write them that drives so many students batty. So how do you write a reaction paper? Are there any guidelines in writing it that must be followed? It is OK to get help with reaction paper if you are not sure how to do it right and we have created a guide for you.
HOW TO WRITE AN INTRODUCTION FOR A REACTION PAPER
If you follow the steps below on how to write a reaction paper you will be able to complete your writing task with little or no dismay. This guide will touch on all aspects including how to write an introduction for a reaction paper.
REACTION PAPER PSYCHOLOGY TOPICS
Before you begin you need a topic that focuses on your reading of the text. If your teacher has not given one some of these may be interesting depending on your text.
A recreation paper related to childcare and family issues:
- Parental negligence reflection forms causes for child obesity
- Hyperactive children: role of environment and biological factors
- Ethical, religious and legal aspects of LGBT adoption
A recreation paper related to mental health and behavior:
- Causes and consequences of shyness of adults
- Signs of emotional abuse
- Effects of the brands and designer babies in modern society
- Habits: how they are being formed and whether can be changed
- Attractiveness and the changed perceptions
A recreation paper related to crime and society life:
- Crimes in communities. Victims. The impact on people's life
- Solitary confinement: emotional effects within it
Choosing a topic that focuses on your reaction also will help you to write an introduction and thesis.
The first thing that you must do is summarize the text by writing the reaction paper outline format (or you can call it a sample). Developing your outline for the reaction paper will help keep you focused and your thoughts in order. It helps to use a highlighter as you read the text to show the points that you will later want to use in your summary.
When you are finished reading your text, go back, and develop a summary based on these highlighted crumb trails you have created along the way. Include in your summary the following:
- The author and title (publisher and publication date)
- If you have been assigned a film or video podcast, you must include the maker of the film. Some movies have subtitles so that you can quote sections.
- Quotations that you will want to use in the assignment including pg. number
- Facts in objective-based detail of the work. You will get a chance to react later
- Key ideas and points and what content supports them
- Don’t get too informative in this summary, just the facts, keep it condensed
Next, go over your syllabus to make sure you are using the correct formatting so you can set up your paper in the style your professor requires. Look for any questions that you must focus on according to the assignment. You professor may want you to make sure you include in your reaction the following:
- How is the text related to your course of study? (Biology, English Lit., Graphic Design, etc.)
- If applicable, how does the text help or harm today’s world problems or address them?
- What can you associate in your life with the text? Does it have any bearing on your way of thinking? Living?
- How has your perspective on the subject changed? If not, what was your perspective on the subject before reading the text?
- Did the text cause you any emotional arousal within you, if so what?
- Is the text relevant today? Did it change history in any way?
- Would you recommend the work to others and why?
HOW TO WRITE A REACTION PAPER IN APA FORMAT
When you must write a reaction paper in your science classes, like psychology, your professor may want it in APA style, which in literature usually stands for the American Psychological Association. If this is the case, there are specific guidelines that you must follow to develop an APA reaction paper. APA format is a different style than MLA, and if you have never used it, it would be in your best interest to practice this type of outline for your APA reaction paper before beginning.
Some of the basics of a reaction paper in APA format are:
- Title Page: Each title page must have a running head at the very top. On the first page the words “Running head” should proceed with the title, and on other pages, the running head will just have the title.
- Abstract: You will then develop a small abstract summer of what the paperwork is about. This is right after your first page.
- The Main Body: This is where the actual essay goes unless it is a lab report, and then you must include an introduction, results, methods, and discussions.
- References: Each source used in your paper must be listed on your resources page. Do not bold the word reference and center it on its own page. All References should also be in alphabetical order and the first line of each reference will be flush left.
- References not only are on the reference page but cited in-text. This includes any tables, pictures, etc. If it is in your paper it must be on your reference page in APA style.
The layout of an APA paper may be daunting when you first write one, but if you start by breaking it down into smaller steps it will be easier and with the time you`ll get handy with creating good papers. An APA outline is and bibliography that will help structure the paperwork into the manageable steps you need before you begin.
Sites that teach how to write a reaction paper in APA style are available, and if you need professional writers to help you with your college assignments, they are eager to face you in the right direction on developing your APA style paper together with any outline for reaction paper.
Look for those sites that offer examples that include an introduction, body of paragraphs with supporting evidence for a thesis that is effective and lead to a proven conclusion with reaction paper outline format. These types of examples are usually downloadable and will be useful guides as you develop your paper and can help with picking reaction paper psychology topics.